Funding for the Fencing apprenticeship now approved and FaCT are ready to recruit the first group of candidates to start training for early March.
- What is the fencing apprenticeship?
- What does the learner achieve?
- Who is it for?
- Who is eligible for funding?
- What does it cost?
- How do I apply?
What is the fencing apprenticeship?
The fencing apprenticeship is a âpackageâ of training, learning, assessments and certification. The package will meet most of the training requirements and certification required for fence installers, leading to achieving the blue FISS/CSCS skill fence installerâs card.
What does the learner achieve?
The apprenticeship framework and the additional training FaCT include in the âpackageâ will enable learners to gain the following certificates and qualifications
- Level 2 Diploma in Fencing
- Level 2 Award in Understanding Boundary Fencing
- Health, safety and environmental awareness course to fence installers
- Abrasive wheels certificate
- Cable avoidance tool (CAT) training certificate
- Emergency first aid
- Working at height certificate
- Manuel handling certificate
- Safe driving certificate
- Level certificate in Literacy and Numeracy
- FISS/CSCS Blue card
Who is it for?
This package of learning is for any fencer, who needs to gain the blue FISS/CSCS card, by completing the level 2 diploma in fencing. It is appropriate for experienced and skills installers as well as those newer to the fencing industry, or operatives wanting to develop their skills. There is a requirement for reasonable ability in numeracy and literacy.
Who is eligible for funding?
Currently we have funding available for the people meeting the following criteria.
- Living or working in England and has done for the last 3 years
- Any age 16 – 65
- Must not hold a degree or high level qualification
Whatâs the cost?
Depending on level of skill and experience, age and number of candidates the total cost will be between Â Â£500 – Â£700 per learner. The total cost of the training package is around Â£2250 so a saving of up to Â£1750.
How to apply?