Mechanical post drivers play a key role in many agricultural and highway fencing businesses. There is a vast range of different types of machines, which have improved the efficiency and performance of many fencing contractors.
However, these machines if not used correctly can cause serious accidents to the operators and others. Therefore training is vital, for both the safety of personnel, but also to meet legal and contractual requirements.
FaCT has developed a range of training courses to meet your specific needs for the types of machine you may be using.
We deliver courses at your venue on your machine to ensure you are fully trained and competent to use the machine.
- Understand the main health, safety and environmental legislation relating to using post drivers
- Identify the hazards associated with post driver operations and put the appropriate control measures in place
- Identify and explain the purpose of the machine and operator controls
- Conduct all operational and pre-start checks
- Operate the post driver to correctly position it ready to drive a post over varying types of terrain
- Drive posts to the specified line, level and angle
- How to deal with difficulties when driving post
- Shut down and leave the post-driver safe and secure
- Describe the procedures used for loading and unloading the post driver when transported on a trailer