As well as all the card requirements, employers have a responsibility to ensure that staff have adequate training for every aspect of their job.
Fence installers use a wide range of equipment like power saws or CAT scanners; they may work at heights and do handle heavy materials. Training and certification for all these activities will help to ensure staff can operate equipment safely.
Accidents can and unfortunately do happen; emergency first aid training can help prevent an accident turning into a tragedy.
Training and testing for PASMA and IPAF cards for mobile access towers and MEWPs can also be delivered to meet site requirements for working at height.
For companies installing vehicle safety barriers, FaCT can organise the basic and product courses, which meet the National Highway Sector Scheme requirements.
Courses available include:
- Emergency First Aid
- CAT & Genny
- Abrasive Wheels
- Asbestos Awareness
- Safe Lifting
- Manual Handling
- Working at Height
- Safe Use of Ladders
- IPAF – MEWP operation
- PASMA – tower scaffold
- Vehicle Restraint Systems
- Safe use of Hand-held and Power Tools
- Understanding Boundary Fencing
- Personal Track Safety
- Specialised courses including BESC, SHEA
- Health and Safety Training
- Health, safety and environmental awareness for fencers
- Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme
- Site Managers Safety Training Scheme