If you are currently based in the Birmingham area, unemployed and claiming Job Seekers Allowance, FaCT can help you gain your CSCS card as well as provide you with two weeks of training to help you with your search for employment.
The two week programme runs at FaCT’s head office site in Northfield, Birmingham and at their vocational training centre in Redditch (transport provided) and includes:
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities
- Behavourial Studies
- Health & Safety in a Construction Environment with the Level 1 Award
- Emergency First Aid
- Manual Handling
- Abrasive Wheels
- Cable Avoidance Tool
- Safe Use of Hand-held Power Tools
- Boundary Fencing (including fencing materials; fence systems & applications; material calculation; measuring, marking and setting out; and fixing components and fault finding)
- Health, Safety & Environment Touchscreen Test
On completion of the course and successfully passing the tests FaCT will apply for your CSCS green card and issue you with your certificates including qualification certificates for The Principles of Fencing and the Level 1 Health & Safety in a Construction Environment.
The programme is running continuously until 31 July 2015. If you would like to attend please ask your JobCentre Plus advisor to call Bal on 0121 476 4731 to arrange an initial assessment.