SMSTS Refresher Course Birmingham
Our SMSTS Refresher course is held at our venue in Northfield, Birmingham. You can find the upcoming course dates at the bottom of this page.
The SMSTS Refresher is a 2 day course for candidates who have previously passed the full SMSTS course. You must have completed the SMSTS course in the previous 5 years to be eligible for the SMSTS refresher course.
Location: 85 Bunbury Road, Northfield, Birmingham, B31 2ET
Duration: 2 Days
The SMSTS refresher will ensure that candidates are able to: –
- Manage on site health and safety, abiding by current legislation.
- Understand why health and safety is important and what their lawful and ethical obligations are.
- Understand the benefits of health and safety across their organisation.
- Recognise and evade potential risks and hazards on site.
- Formulate and understand method statements and risk assessments. In addition to other requirements specified by the Health and Safety at Work Act.
Candidates will sit an exam paper made up of 25 questions. Of these 25 questions 5 are safety critical and require a written answer. The remaining 20 are multiple choice questions. Each safety critical question is worth up to 3 points. Each multiple-choice question is worth 1 point. In order to pass the course you must answer all of the safety critical questions correctly.
Candidates must also attend both days of the course to be applicable for re-certification.
The SMSTS Refresher certificate is valid for 5 years.
Candidates must have a full SMSTS certificate that is dated within the previous 5 years. Please ensure that your certification is in date. Candidates must also have a good understanding of written and spoken English.
If the SMSTS Refresher Birmingham is of interest to you, you can call us on 0121 476 4731.
You can find the course dates below.