The Abrasive Wheels Certificate/Ticket details – Expiry, Validity and Refreshing
Abrasive Wheels training is essential to anyone who uses, maintains or installs Abrasive Wheels. We are commonly asked questions about the Abrasive Wheels certificate (Or Abrasive Wheels Ticket). Some frequent questions revolve around the expiry and validity refreshing of the ticket. We therefore decided to put together this fact sheet to help advise you on the details.
The Abrasive Wheels Certificate
You will receive the certificate, also known as the Abrasive Wheels ticket, if you successfully complete the Abrasive Wheels training.
The Abrasive Wheels Certificate/Ticket – Why is it Necessary?
Abrasive Wheels are regulated by the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations act 1998 (PUWER). PUWER makes it a requirement that anyone using, installing and also maintaining Abrasive Wheels receives the correct training and holds the Abrasive Wheels certificate.
How long does the Abrasive Wheels certificate last?
One of the most frequent questions we get asked is ‘How long does the Abrasive Wheels certificate last?’ The certification is valid for 3 years from the date of the successful completion of the training.
Abrasive Wheels Refresher Training Frequency
You must re-complete the Abrasive Wheels training before the date of expiry to remain qualified. However, Abrasive Wheel training should also be used to refresh knowledge. You can sit the course as often as you like. You can also identify when individuals could benefit from a refresher course.
What does the Abrasive Wheels Training Include?
The course will enable the candidates to select and mount Abrasive Wheels safely in accordance with the regulations. The objectives of the course include:
- State the hazards arising from the use of Abrasive Wheels.
- Identify the methods of marking Abrasive Wheels (type and speed).
- List the methods of storing, handling and also transporting Abrasive Wheels.
- Show the methods for testing and inspecting wheels for damage.
- Demonstrate the correct method of mounting an Abrasive Wheel. This includes knowledge of the function of components.
- State the method of dressing a wheel.
- To adjust the rest correctly and safely.
- To understand the requirements of the regulations.
If you have anymore questions or queries regarding the certificate or course get in touch!
You can give us a call on 0121 476 4731 or you can also Enquire Here.
Listed below are our open course dates.
We can also provide the training at your venue, or a venue near you.